- Nonstick cooking Nonstick cooking oil
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper , seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small green bell pepper , seeded and finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic , finely chopped
- 4 ripe Roma ripe Roma or plum plum tomatoes , seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup seasoned dried seasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan Parmesan cheese
- 1 large large egg , beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground ground chicken (cut chicken breasts into cubes and pulse in food processor)
- 6 Gluten Free Low Carb Rolls
Meanwhile, build a charcoal fire in an outdoor grill and let the coals burn down until medium-hot (you should be able to hold your hand just above the cooking grid for 3 seconds). Or, preheat a gas grill on High, then turn to medium.
Shape the chicken mixture into six 4-inch-wide patties (If burgers seem to soft to handle, place on wax paper and put in freezer for 30 minutes). Lightly oil grill (spray or brush) Grill the burgers, turning once, just until they feel firm when pressed in the centers (the meat should bounce back), about 12 minutes. Serve hot, on the buns.